Monday, September 6, 2010

Manifesto Festival: Made You Look Art Exhibition

With great excitement, I'm happy to finally announce that I will be exhibiting some of my paintings in a juried group show at this year's Manifesto Festival! There are a couple of artists who will also be exhibiting that I have been a fan of for a number of years now... I gotta admit, its all very humbling. If you are not familiar with this festival, and you happen to be a fan of hip hop, it's definitely worth your while to get acquainted. This is their 4th year, (my third in attendance), and the celebration just keeps growing, each year more entertaining than the last! I grew up with, and I'm very much inspired by the culture of hip hop and I've never seen it being represented at this capacity, this genuinely.

For those of you that are interested in seeing my work in person, (which I strongly recommend, because what you see online, is nothing like the real thing)... here are the details.


Inside the newly renovated Airship37.
(37 Parliament St.Distillery District)

Opening night 8pm, Thursday, September, 23 2010.

The exhibit is running until October 1st with regular gallery hours from 12pm - 7pm.

Closing Party
NUIT BLANCHE night is October 2. 8pm.

This show is FREE with a suggested donation of $5.
There will be a bar, so it is also 19+. Security on-site.


The show includes works from:

DUBELYOO from Atlanta,
ERNIE PANICCIOLI from NYC, &
Toronto's own CUBEWORKS.

Featured Artist:

Paul Leli
Jordan England
Paul Aloisi
OMEN
Che Kothari
Karen Miranda Augustine
Mark "Kurupt" Stoddart
EGR
Elicser
Joey Dammit!
Adrian Hayles
Eric Quebral
Alexis Finch
Camille Gordon
Derian McCrea
Hans Poppe
Logan Miller
Francesca Nocera SUN
Leon Robinson
Ato Seitu
Janet Manning
Shannon Lewis
Shirley Mpagi
Gabrielle Lasporte
Melissa Doldron
Kal Kidan Assefa
Lindsay Bess
Javid
Ryan Mackeen
Esmond Lee

Also including the ART OF MUSIC VIDEO featuring Directors such as:
RT!
Marc André Debruyne
Charles Officer
Dave F. Mewa
Cazhhmere
Mike Portoghese
--


More info and previews of what's to come: themanifesto.ca











No comments:

Post a Comment